Thread of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

αη∂ ѕσ ωнєη ι мєєт тнαт ιмρσятαηт ρєяѕση ƒσя тнє ƒιяѕт тιмє αη∂ ємвяα¢є тнєм, ι ωιℓℓ кησω тнαт συя тωσ нєαятѕ αяє вєαтιηg

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Icing On The Cake

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ritsu Onodera
Admin
Ritsu Onodera

The Icing On The Cake Empty
PostSubject: The Icing On The Cake   The Icing On The Cake EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Shadowy, willowy silhouettes dance in the dark; these grotesque and granular monstrosities have beleaguered a pair of cloaked figures. Underneath their hoods, they both bare the resemblance of ordinary human beings. However, they are not much different from their livid opponents. Like those creatures, neither of them possessed a heart.

Or did they?

If not, what could explain this perennial pulse trembling in his chest? It was a perplexing sensation that made him question his very nonexistence. The reverberations against his rib cage had many triggers: social situations with strangers, the clutches of danger, his profound superior, and being in close proximity with a certain redhead.

Realizing that there would be no answers written upon the jagged pavement, he quickly got a hold of himself and recovered, reclaiming his Keyblade before the Heartless did.

Gritting his teeth to suppress a pained groan, he stood up. All the looming skyscrapers that surrounded the boulevard were spinning incessantly, it seemed. It was dizzying. One of those murky beasts had managed to cleave their claws into his shoulder, leaving a gash of flesh exposed, ripping a part of his coat.

Shaking his head and respiring for air, he regained his composure. His bright blue darted in every which way, scoping for more enemies and trying to relocate his fiery partner. A wisp of flames caught his attention. Glancing off to the side, he met Axel's gaze. He grinned apologetically, relieved that Number 8 was alright. Twas before a Heartless lunged in Axel's direction, beady little oculars glowing an ominous yellow. A whole swarm was readying their attack.

"Axel, look out!" he bellowed frantically, diving into the skirmish with reckless abandon.

In a series of aerial jumps and raids, soon all the adversaries disintegrated into puffs of black dust, releasing captured hearts. The lucid essences shimmered and swayed in the night sky, gliding to the moon.

He watched the hearts soar into obscurity, sighing exhaustively. He clasped a gloved hand atop Axel's shoulder, leaning into him. Breathing deeply, he suddenly started chuckling, obviously happy that the strenuous mission had been completed. He winced slightly at the ache that nipped his arm. Nothing a hyper potion and ice cream can't handle. He anticipated clocking out and taking a break with Axel; the perfect remedy, in his opinion.

"Ahaha, that was a close one, wasn't it?" he laughed softly, unwittingly nuzzling against Axel. "What do you say? RTC?" He smiled, looking up into the captivating emerald eyes of his comrade.
Back to top Go down
https://thread-of-fate.forumotion.com
Axel

Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Icing On The Cake   The Icing On The Cake EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:49 pm

He smirked slightly and closed his eyes feeling the flames fade away before looking over the other and ruffling his hair as if he were a kid to get a rise out of him.

"Hey, you're gettin' better there. Before you know it you'll be giving me a run for my money. Might take a while though, I'd say we still have quite a few more lessons ahead of us."

Truthfully, Roxas was good enough to go off on his own now and Axel knew it. The boy had long passed the novice stage but he made it a point to keep him nearby and he himself wasn't even sure why.

If we don't have hearts...

What is this feeling...?

To care about someone in our world...

That's crazy, right?

Nobodies can never be somebodies...

His own words echoed in his mind as he looked him over, concern showing in his eyes for only a fragment of a second before he covered it up with a cocky grin. He threw an arm around Roxas further messing with the boys blond hair and pushing him twoards a corner as the black wisps of smoke danced around them beckoning them back to the castle where the nobodies resided.

"Yeah, yeah. Lets get you fixed up and call it a day. Don't faint on me kid, I'd end up having to carry you, and you know what they say...people like me are not to be trusted."

He laughed a bit as the darkness consumed them and brought them back to The Castle That Never Was. He tossed him a potion and raised a brow looking at him skeptically noting how quiet the room seemed.

Right...

They're all off on that mission but they left us here to train...

It's never this quiet...

It would be a great oppertunity to work on my plan to overthrow this place...

...but, then again...

He looked over Roxas his head tilting slightly in curiosity and he quirked a brow at him nodding to his wound.

"You need me to bandage it for you or will a hyper potion suffice?"

He shook his head at him and sat on the side of the chair in the main hallway tilting it lazily as he thought to himself.

We have a day off...

We never have a day off...

Hmmm...

He looked up at him again and smirked slightly his mind starting to churn with all sorts of ideas of what they could do. Training, sure...but there were other options too. Who says a nobody can't have fun every once in a while?

"Come on, lets get you cleaned up and I'll buy ice cream. Whadda' ya say?"

Back to top Go down
Ritsu Onodera
Admin
Ritsu Onodera

PostSubject: Re: The Icing On The Cake   The Icing On The Cake EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:50 pm

While on the outside he was chagrined and scowling faintly, inside was a different story. He did dislike being treated like a little kid, very much so, but the ruffling of his hair somehow filled him with a giddiness he could not pinpoint. The praise that had fallen from Axel's lips, the fact that it was Axel who was touching him like this...

Maybe that's why he had no complaints.

Grinning in spite of himself, he swatted Axel's hand away and playfully nudged against his thin torso. He was unaware that he was blushing like a school girl would around her crush.

"Pffft, hey! If it weren't for me, you'd be outnumbered for sure!" he argued, as he was coaxed into the dark void.

Once they were transported back home, he collapsed to the floor and sat up against the pallid castle walls, sufficiently drained from their excursion. Though he didn't respond, he was pondering what Axel had said.

Can't be trusted? I don't get why anyone would assume something like that about Axel...Out of everyone who resides here, he's the one I trust the most...

Maybe the only one.

The very person he was thinking of had lured him out of his contemplation, and he glanced up to make eye contact with the hot-blooded assassin. Frowning dishonorably, he scrutinized the wound he endured from the battle.

"Uh--N-No, thank you. The thing just caught me off guard. I'll be alright," he assured his companion, taking the potion gratefully. The vial's healing powers had instantly done wonders. He sighed and smiled contently after the pain had subsided, feeling rejuvenated.

At that moment, he was about to doze off in that spot, whilst hugging his knees with a peaceful countenance. Axel's invitation ignited life in his sapphire-colored eyes, which had been droopy from drowsiness. He sat up straight from his slouched position, beaming up at Axel excitedly. He was like a puppy after someone had mumbled the word treat.

He stumbled to his feet and strode over to Axel, simply ecstatic at the prospect of ice cream and whatever other indulgence may come their way.

"Sounds good."
Back to top Go down
https://thread-of-fate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Icing On The Cake   The Icing On The Cake Empty

Back to top Go down

The Icing On The Cake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thread of Fate :: FINAL FANTASY / KINGDOM HEARTS :: The World That Never Was-
Jump to: